"One in eight Americans — 42 million people — still struggles to get enough to eat. And while that number has been going down recently, hunger appears to be getting worse in some economically distressed areas, especially in rural communities.
Food banks that serve these areas are also feeling the squeeze, as surplus food supplies dwindle but the lines of people seeking help remain long...."
One Way You Can Help! FeedMore
"By leveraging partnerships with business, faith-based groups, nonprofits and other community-centric organizations, we are able to positively, and significantly, impact neighbors who face hunger across 34 counties and cities in Central Virginia.
And with the help of our wonderful community of supporters, in fiscal year 2017 (July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2107) FeedMore:
- distributed more than 22.9 million meals through our network of partner agencies and programs.
- provided a snack and/or hot, healthy evening meal to more than 3,900 children each weekday through our Kids Cafe program.
- distributed more than 918,000 meals to nearly 4,000 individuals who live in underserved communities with our Mobile Pantry.
- volunteers delivered more than 344,700 fresh and emergency meals to 1,636 homebound seniors and disabled neighbors in our Meals on Wheels program.
- distributed more than 59,200 BackPacks filled with healthy, easy-to-prepare meals to 1,852 students across our region.
- made a difference in the lives of the nearly 200,000 children, families and seniors who struggle with hunger."
Read More about FeedMore in Virginia HERE
Volunteer with or Donate to FeedMore HERE