All of us with the Central Virginia Chapter of Writing For Peace honor the lives that were lost on this day five years ago at Sandy Hook Elementary. We honor, too, those who survive, their families, the community left behind, all who have been victims of the rising tragedy of gun violence in the United States.
Today, we will be contacting our elected representatives and demand that they take action to make sure that this kind of heartbreak never happens again. What are your reps doing to stop gun violence? Call and demand that they keep our children safe.
Use This Quick Script for Calling: Today, on the anniversary of the deaths of so many at Sandy Hook, I'm calling to ask what you plan to do to address the growth of gun violence in our country. What will you do to protect our children? What will you do to honor those, the children, who needlessly died at Sandy Hook?
Read them this list of names.
- Charlotte Bacon, 2/22/06, female
- Daniel Barden, 9/25/05, male
- Rachel Davino, 7/17/83, female.
- Olivia Engel, 7/18/06, female
- Josephine Gay, 12/11/05, female
- Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 04/04/06, female
- Dylan Hockley, 3/8/06, male
- Dawn Hochsprung, 06/28/65, female
- Madeleine F. Hsu, 7/10/06, female
- Catherine V. Hubbard, 6/08/06, female
- Chase Kowalski, 10/31/05, male
- Jesse Lewis, 6/30/06, male
- James Mattioli , 3/22/06, male
- Grace McDonnell, 12/04/05, female
- Anne Marie Murphy, 07/25/60, female
- Emilie Parker, 5/12/06, female
- Jack Pinto, 5/06/06, male
- Noah Pozner, 11/20/06, male
- Caroline Previdi, 9/07/06, female
- Jessica Rekos, 5/10/06, female
- Avielle Richman, 10/17/06, female
- Lauren Rousseau, 6/1982, female (full date of birth not specified)
- Mary Sherlach, 2/11/56, female
- Victoria Soto, 11/04/85, female
- Benjamin Wheeler, 9/12/06, male
- Allison N. Wyatt, 7/03/06, female
We will not forget. We will never stop fighting.