2018 Young Writers Contest Guidelines
Writing for Peace challenges young writers (ages 13-19) to expand their empathy skills by researching an unfamiliar culture and writing from the point-of-view of a character within that new world, while exploring social, political, and environmental pressures, and universal themes.
- The deadline for entrance is April 1st, 2018.
- There is no fee for participation.
- Writers, ages 13-19, may submit in one of three categories – poetry, fiction, or nonfiction. Ages are counted from the entry date, and entrants are required to show proof of age (those images are never shared publicly).
- Winners and published finalists will be asked to submit an author’s photograph and biography. We encourage you to explore the winners’ pages on the site to see the types of information and pictures authors share.
- The contest is open internationally, but all submissions must be written in English and submitted with the completed form. Both American and British English are accepted.
- All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
More Details and Submissions HERE